Weightless



"The sky is the limit, And I just wanna flow,
Free as a spirit on a journey I’ll go, Cut the strings and let me go, I’m weightless, I’m weightless.
A million dark balloons heading to the ground, Weight of the world tries to hold us down,
Cut the strings and let me go, I’m weightless, I’m weightless."

This post is a bit of a sad one on my behalf. My boyfriend told me that he didn't really like the idea of me posting about him, but now he is my ex, so I guess he has no choice. He broke up with the other day after two and a half years, simply because we're so young and we both need to grow alone.
We had the most perfect relationship the whole time we were together, but I guess everything just has to come to an end at some point. I'm trying to be really mature and sensible about the whole situation and not turn into one of those people that wastes their time moping around and whining. 
But the truth is that it hurts, quite a lot. I've cried, I've cursed, I've stayed in bed, taken time off from one of my jobs, I've  done every normal thing you do when someone breaks up with you. But all I really want to do is forget. Its the hardest thing for someone to tell you they love you with everything they have in them then decide you're not enough to make them stay, because whether or not you want to hear it, the main thing you hear is 'over'. No one ever said that relationships were easy, and I know that, but I never thought I'd see this day any time soon. I don't want to hang around and hope and pray that he changes his mind because it will crush every little part of life left in me, but I'm not prepared to give up completely and forget our love. I want him to be happy and if that's not with me then okay, I have to deal with that and move on with life.
I gave him everything, it may have been in pieces here and there, but I gave him the best of me and he showed me the best in me. 
Which I suppose is why it is so sad, because he made my smile be seen from the other side of the street but never really seemed to see it himself.
The above song to me is such a motivational song and I have been playing it over and over. I want to feel weightless and free from sadness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Total Pageviews